With the weather heating up in Westminster, you’re probably wondering how you can stay cool this summer. Here are six ways you can beat the heat and enjoy the summer months:
Ways to Stay Cool During Summer
- Check out the Butterfly Pavilion. The Butterfly Pavilion has 1,600 butterflies in a rainforest and more than 5,000 animals, including Rosie the tarantula! On Thursday, July 20, from 6:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., the Butterfly Pavilion will feature Bugs & Beer with locally crafted beer, food and edible insects. The pavilion is at 6252 W. 104th Avenue and their number is (303) 469-5441.
- Cool off at Standley Lake Regional Park. Standley Lake Regional Park is located at 100th Avenue and Simms Street, where you can go boating, fishing, hiking, camping, and more. You can also rent paddle craft such as a canoe, kayak, paddle board, row boat or hydro bike.
- Shop at The Orchard Town Center. This outdoor mall features major department stores, restaurants, shops and more. The address is 14697 Delaware Street. You can see a free family-friendly comedy show at the Entertainment Stage from 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. on July 25, August 8 and August 29.
- See a movie at the AMC Westminster Promenade 24. Stay cool in this movie theater located at 10655 Westminster Boulevard where you can catch the latest films in IMAX and RealD 3D. Their number is (303) 439-7014.
- Go bowling at the Brunswick Zone Westminster Lanes. It features 40 lanes, an interactive arcade, pool tables, a private room for parties, and food with lane-side service. The address is 9150 Harlan Street, Westminster and the phone number is (303) 426-6352.
- Sip some wine and paint at Whimsy Paint & Sip Art Studio. At Whimsy, a professional artist helps you step-by-step to create a personal masterpiece. The studio is at 14676 Delaware Street, #220 in the Westminster Orchard Town Center. Their phone number is (303) 665-7026.
Looking to Move to Westminster?
The summer is a great time to relocate to Westminster, Colorado. If you’re looking for an apartment in Westminster, check out 9100 Vance. Our community features one- and two-bedroom apartment homes with several layouts to fit your lifestyle. To learn more about our many amenities and available floor plans, call (866) 551-1644 or stop by our office.